Question: Will a person convicted of DUI be sentenced to jail time in Alabama?
Answer: Even on a first offense DUI in Alabama, there is a potential to be sentenced to jail time. On a first conviction, the range of penalty is zero days up to 365 days; however, there is no minimum time. Any DUI after a first offense does include a minimum mandatory jail sentence: on a second, five days; on a third, 60 days; and on a fourth or subsequent, it would be deemed a felony and the minimum period of sentence is one year and a day with 10 days to serve.
Watch Our Helpful DUI Videos Below:
- Refuse the Breath Test
- One-Leg Stand Field Sobriety Test
- DUI Walk-and-Turn Test
- Failing the Roadside Breath Test
- Failing the Official Breath Test
- DUI Breath Test Machine
- Identifying Suspected Drunk Drivers
- Pulled Over For DUI by the Police
- Innocent Person Pleading Guilty For DUI
- DUI Impact of Fever on Breath Test