If you have been arrested for DUI or other serious misdemeanor motor vehicle offense, for an appearance at the Vestavia Hills Municipal Court, you need to talk with an experienced criminal defense lawyer who has expertise in traffic ticket defense. A person convicted of driving under the influence in the State of Alabama faces the total loss of the right to drive for at least 90 days.
In addition to fines, probation and possible jail time, a drunk driving conviction puts a permanent criminal conviction on your criminal history, so fighting for a diversion or other favorable outcome is well worth the cost of a DUI lawyer. Because the first experience for most law-abiding citizens is a traffic ticket, the Polson Law Firm has helped over 10,000 clients in various municipal courts across the State of Alabama. Because the Vestavia Municipal Court is in a suburb of Birmingham Alabama, the Vestavia Hills Courthouse is one of the regular locations to find our traffic ticket lawyers.
Vestavia Hills Court information and Vestavia Hills Courthouse address
The City of Vestavia Hills was incorporated in 1950, but Vestavia Hills, AL has been a fast-growing community for much longer. The Mayor and Council staff and oversee the Vestavia Municipal Court. The Vestavia Hills court cases are a recurring source of local traffic offense revenues for the City of Vestavia Hills, AL. For GPS purposes, the Vestavia Hills courthouse is located at: Vestavia Hills Municipal Court, 1833 1032 Montgomery Hwy, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216. See the new building and location below.
While not nearly as busy as our DUI law firm’s busiest municipal court location, Municipal Court Birmingham AL, the Vestavia Court handles several hundred traffic tickets a month, including drunk driving, reckless endangerment Alabama charges, reckless driving, hit and run and other misdemeanor traffic ticket offenses. Their court calendar can be accessed at their website location: http://vestaviahillscourts.com/ Revenues generated by processing DUI and other Alabama traffic offense cases getting resolved in the Vestavia Hills court remain in the City coffers, to support public safety, like the Vestavia Hills Police Department.
What is Municipal Court?
Not all states utilize inferior courts like the Alabama municipal courts. Instead of having to start off in District Court, these lower level, non-jury courts handle misdemeanor traffic ticket cases. Michigan, for example, does not have municipal courts. Georgia does, as well as Mississippi and Alabama. All determinations of local court authority come from the state legislature in each state. Decades ago, the Alabama Legislature passed laws that permit local operation of these inferior traffic courts. Such courts lack jury trial jurisdiction, and can only handle a limited number of misdemeanor cases.
Generally, the larger the population of a town or city, the larger the number of traffic ticket cases created. Tickets generate revenues from such traffic ticket citations and arrests. In Alabama, the traffic within a 25-mile radius of downtown Birmingham has a hub of several Interstate highways (e.g., I-20), and this high volume of cars and trucks generates thousands of traffic tickets for the Birmingham Municipal Court. This same Birmingham traffic offenders in Jefferson County may drive from one city limits line into Homewood, Vestavia Hills, Hoover, or Bessemer or other south of Birmingham, Alabama suburbs, and then into the city limits of the next, and get booked into those courts, such as the Municipal Court for the City of Vestavia Hills, Alabama.
Similarly, the Municipal Court of Atlanta is Georgia’s busiest municipal court in our neighboring state. Many other cities in Georgia have set up courts similar to the Vestavia Courthouse (at City Hall), like Roswell Municipal Court, Sandy Springs Municipal Court, and Alpharetta Municipal Court in the northern suburbs of Atlanta, GA. By having this two-court system, your Alabama DUI attorney can try to get a favorable deal for you at the municipal court in Alabama, before moving some cases to a jury trial court.
Info for Municipal Court of Vestavia Hills, AL; Call our Alabama DUI Law Firm
Our office is only 4.3 miles from the Vestavia Hills Courthouse. At the Polson Law Firm, we offer a FREE DUI lawyer consultation. Why not get a no-obligation initial, professional case assessment from an Alabama Super Lawyer? Both partners have been so recognized.
To schedule a FREE review of your case by a highly-experienced Alabama traffic ticket attorney, either complete this FORM: fill out the form here or call our DUI attorneys 24/7 at (205) 222-4544.
Polson & Polson, P.C.
2824 Central Ave #150
Birmingham, AL 35209
Office Phone: 205-871-8838
24/7 Helpline: 205-222-4544
Watch Our Helpful DUI Videos Below:
- Alabama DUI Conviction & Jail Time
- Job Loss After an Alabama DUI
- DUI Job Background Check in Alabama
- Impact of a DUI in Alabama on Divorce or Adoption
- Pleading Guilty to an Alabama DUI
- Alabama DUI Look Back Period
- Cost of a Birmingham DUI Attorney
- Alabama Field Sobriety Test DUI Clues and Investigation
- DUI Signs of Intoxication in an Alabama DUI Case
- Getting Your DUI Police Report in Alabama
- Alabama DUI Lawyers Win
- Alabama DUI Court Locations
- Refuse the Breath Test in Alabama
- One-Leg Stand Field Sobriety Test
- The 9-Step DUI Walk-and-Turn Test
- Failing the Roadside Breath Test in AL
- Failing the Official Breath Test
- The Alabama DUI Breath Test Machine
- Identifying Suspected Drunk Drivers in Alabama
- Pulled Over For an Alabama DUI by the Police
- Innocent Person Pleading Guilty For DUI in AL
- DUI Impact of Fever on an Alabam Breath Alcohol Test
- Alabama Nursing License Lawyer
- Inaccurate DUI Police Report Claiming DUI
- Inaccurate DUI Field Sobriety Test Scoring as DUI
- Impact of Body Cameras on an Alabama DUI Arrest
- How to Answer An Alabama Police Officer for DUI
- DUI Sentence Enhancements Under Alabama Law
- What Do I do FIRST After Being Arrested for DUI
- Is Representing Yourself for a DUI in Alabama a Smart Move
- Alabama Driving Under the Influence Case Wins
- About Our DUI Law Firm – Birmingham DUI Lawyers