Question: Why would an innocent person plead guilty to DUI in Alabama?
Answer: Unfortunately, many people believe that just because they’re accused of a crime means they’re guilty of a crime. However, the system that we have set up in our state and in our country presumes folks to be innocent upon being charged. Without proper representation, without proper knowledge, folks think their only option is to plead guilty when they walk into a court. Unfortunately, the courts are not set up in a way to advise folks of many of the rights that they have, and therefore it’s very, very important for someone accused of a DUI to consult with a DUI defense lawyer to learn of the possible defenses and rights that they have in defending their case.
Watch Our Helpful DUI Videos Below:
- Refuse the Breath Test
- One-Leg Stand Field Sobriety Test
- DUI Walk-and-Turn Test
- Failing the Roadside Breath Test
- Failing the Official Breath Test
- DUI Breath Test Machine
- Identifying Suspected Drunk Drivers
- Pulled Over For DUI by the Police
- Innocent Person Pleading Guilty For DUI
- DUI Impact of Fever on Breath Test